I/ITSEC 2010 Discovers Precision Projection
As part of DP’s worldwide expansion, the simulation market represents a long-term opportunity that is now moving into focus. Our first pragmatic step into the simulation/visualization market involved hiring Phil Laney as DP’s director of simulation in early 2010. Last week, we took another ambitious step as we exhibited at I/ITSEC (Interservice/Industry Training, & Simulation Education Conference), the world’s premier and largest simulation and training event.
Held annually in Orlando, Florida, the I/ITSEC tradeshow consists of manufacturers and decision makers alike with an interest in simulator and trainer systems. A formidable variety of simulators and trainers are currently in use in critical applications around the world, including flight simulators, driving simulators, maritime (ship bridge) simulators, crane simulators and fire arms training, to name a few.
Simulation applications are both inventory-intensive and highly technical in nature, and DP is excited to apply both our technical expertise and product line enhancements toward such a fascinating market.
DP presented the following products in our exhibit at this year’s I/ITSEC show:
• One dVision WQXGA on an 8’ wide flat screen showcasing the WQXGA’s incredible pixel density
• One M-Vision LED on a shared 8’ wide screen comparing LED and lamp units
• One M-Vision 230 on a shared 8’ wide screen comparing LED and lamp units
• One HIGHlite HC on a 7’ wide screen showing the HIGHlite’s contrast and color saturation
• Two TITAN Dual WUXGA on a 115” wide cylindrical surface with two FUSION processors. The FUSION processors provided the low latency warp and blend, while the TITAN projectors provided smear reduction capabilities
Phil Laney, Director of Simulation for DP, commented, “I/ITSEC was an extremely successful show for Digital Projection, with a high level of interest in the numerous projector products we featured at the event.” Laney continued, “With NVG-capable projectors, low-maintenance LED displays and even more simulation-specific products in development, it was important to introduce the simulation community to DP’s respected history as well as the robust product offerings.”
If you work in the simulation market and would like to discuss what makes DP an excellent technology partner, please contact Phil Laney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Facebook page to see more photos from DP's I/ITSEC exhibit.